Monday, May 25, 2009

We Miss You Already


My sister Erin came to visit this weekend. We took a road trip to Kirtland and Palmyra to see some church history sites. What a good lookin' pair!

After we drove almost 3 hours to Kirtland, I realized that I forgot Luke's suitcase. I didn't even have a diaper! Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing my mind. But it was a great excuse to buy some new outfits. I should forget his suitcase more often!

One of my favorite places to visit in Kirtland is The Quarry. It is a few miles away from the Kirtland temple and is where the Mormon Saints performed the arduous task of chiseling the huge stone blocks that were used to construct their temple. Somehow, looking at those chisel marks makes me realize how my challenges pale in comparison with what others have experienced and overcome. It's a good place to go when you need to think or need to quit feeling sorry for yourself.

Luke is still getting used to grass. When we put him on the grass in this picture, he kept his arms really high off the ground and wouldn't relax and put them down. It was funny.

Here we are in the Smith's log cabin.

The Palmyra temple overlooks the Smith farm and the Sacred Grove. It is so beautiful there.
The highlight of the trip was definitely being able to walk through the Sacred Grove. It was so peaceful.
The Hill Cumorah

Luke is still trying to figure out that grass stuff.

Luke misses his friend. We can't wait to see you again Erin!

4 comments:

The McGraths said...

So fun! I would love to go there again! The sacred grove was where I really gained my testimony. It is a special place to me. You guys look great! How fun to hang with your sister!

Metta said...

Awesome pictures Lauren! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun... hold that thought of taking visitors to historical sites, because Marcos and I have been dying to do a history trip. Hmmm... maybe we should come visit. How far are you from the sites?

heather said...

I LOVE the picture of you holding Luke with the sun behind you guys ... that might be one of my all time favorites!! Ry and I still need to make the trip up there - so I'm going to ask you for pointers! :)

Dan and Janay said...

What a great trip. And great picutures...Luke and Erin is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...