Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Valentines Confession

Happy Valentines Day!

I have to give a special valentines shout out to my favorite valentine of all. You wouldn't believe what Andrew has to put up with to be married to me:

-I am almost always the reason we are late to church. Sometimes it's just because I'm busy getting the kids ready but most often it's because (a) I decided that 2 minutes was plenty of time to blow dry and straighten my hair (b) I can't find my keys/scriptures/shoes, etc., or, (c) I keep changing my clothes until he makes me leave with what I have on.
-If I'm 10 minutes away from being home, I always tell him I'm only 5 minutes away; If I spent $20 dollars, I tell him it was around $15 (I don't know why I do this...he always knows and just adds a few more minutes or a few more dollars in his head)
- I rearrange our furniture about every month. He usually is recruited to do the heavy lifting and I know he hates it.
- I grind my teeth at night and apparently snore (I still demand proof about the latter).
- I talk too loud when we are right next to each other or on the phone and too soft when we far apart.
-I am pretty much the most whiny pregnant person you can imagine.

Okay, that's all I'm willing to admit. I'm so grateful that I'm married to someone who is willing to laugh about these things or at least endure them patiently. I don't talk much about Andrew on our blog because I could easily be accused of boasting. He is pretty amazing and has passed on that amazingness on to our two boys. Thanks miele, you rock!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to break it to you but after sleeping in the same bed with you for years and years..... u snore too... :) but it's a cute snore!!

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
I love your honesty! You're sentiments and you. I love you!

The Clubb House said...

Lauren, I loved your confessions! I do the same too re: minutes and dollars. I always think it sounds better when it's less!! I also do that when I tell my weight and age!! (Of course I ADD time when Steve sees something new I bought..."Oh it's not 'new'. I bought it WEEKS ago!" So you can blame it on heredity.
ALSO-Andrew is pretty lucky, too, because he got a terrific wife and mother!!

kaheels said...

LOL, I totally understate how much money I spend too. I'm pretty sure all those things you just said are true of about 95% of young mothers. I bet Andrew could make a pretty similar list about his faults.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...