Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Best 20 minutes of my week

I promise I had a lot to do today. We leave for Utah in 2 days and I'm no where near ready to go. I have some work assignments to finish up, a house that needs cleaning, a P90x workout that needs to get done, and a baby who REALLY likes to be held all the time.

But instead of doing any of those things during nap time, I did this:


I know it's not very pretty, but as soon as the idea came to me to create a little "Radiator Springs" for Luke to drive his cars on, I just had to do it right away.




As expected, he only played with it for about 20 minutes. But it was the best 20 minutes of my week.

(a close second was watching Luke run around the park in this crazy hat with the tassels flopping everywhere).



7 comments:

Sarah said...

love it!!!! i always have a to-do list like that nagging at me but even more important that tops my list is wanting to creativly play like that with my kids. Way to be!!

Sweetbriar Sisters said...

So cute! You can just tell he totally loves it!

heather said...

I'm in love. And L will be too the second he sees it. I have the songs running through my head right now from that movie. Oh man I can't wait to have our boys screaming over the cars and that race circle. :) It'll be awesome! Miss you! Hope you have fun on your trip - it really would be fun to run into you guys!

NoNo said...

I have an identical picture of my Luke on his side with Mac too :) great job on radiator springs!

Portillo Portal said...

So creative, my lil MoCann. I might have to copy when Ethan gets older. He LOVES his one Cars book!

marika said...

Very nice! 20 minutes, I'd call that a definite success!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I spent way too long making something similar for Mackenzie for Christmas and it's been used at a rate of 20 minutes per month. Now if only she'd use it until she's 18... we might get somewhere.

By the way, you're doing p90X? Did we discuss that? I'm trying to talk myself back on that wagon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...