Saturday, January 14, 2012

There was also this thing called Thanksgiving...

I can't believe I forgot! Here are some photos of our Thanksgiving with the Staceys. 


Grandkids help Grandpa feed the pheasants



The kids found a branch stuck in the air and had some fun with it. 







Boys can entertain themselves for hours with piles of leaves.




This picture was accidentally shot a little late but I decided to keep it because this is how I always think of Ella. Her blonde hair blowing in the wind and she runs off to the next activity...





And of course a friendly game of flag football






When we got back from visiting family, we spent Saturday morning having one last hurrah with the McAllisters before they left. We thought Luke would love this "House of Bounce" filled with giant inflatables. As soon as we walked in he squealed with excitement and jumped off to climb up to the first giant slide. 

NOT!

No, instead we walked in and Luke dragged his near lifeless body to the soft cushions and lounged around, whining for about an hour.


Reece having fun:



Luke:

  
Little Duke having fun:




Luke:


Will having fun:


Luke:



Finally as things were dying down a little, he caught on to the whole "this is the coolest place ever" concept and spent the last 40 minutes or so having a blast. Maybe he was just having a shy day? Maybe he was sad because he realized this was the last real play date with his best friend? We'll never know.



 (I know, essentially the same picture, but he's just such a cutie!)



We also jumped the gun that weekend and found our perfect Christmas tree. I really loved our Christmas tree. We only got rid of it this past Thursday. I think I could have kept it up all year.




2 comments:

heather said...

I think it's fun to go back and post things that happened months back. :) It seriously helps me remember that life is great and wonderful. And seeing those pictures of Luke just lounging at the bounce house place reminds me of the gymnastics class where he would just go for the door every time, and only once in a while he would get involved. He definitely knows his limits, and how much he can 'give' to any given event. Love him! And miss you all!

Portillo Portal said...

Awe! Love the picture of you and Luke at the top of the slide. You're so pretty Mama! And I love hearing your humor in all your posts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...