To be completely fair:
- They probably aren't technically enchiladas. Maybe just fancy burritos.
- My kids didn't really eat them. For Luke it is no surprise, but Cam took one bite, said "yummy", and was done. Enchiladas are a little too complicated for him so he just ate the guacamole.
- The real secret is the topping of guacamole and mango salsa (from Costco). Admittedly this is where 80% of the flavor comes from. I think you could put guac and salsa on cardboard and it would taste good (I might be biased...guacamole is my favorite food).
Here it goes...
Ingredients:
-1 zucchini
-1 yellow squash
-2 or 3 chicken breasts
-garlic
-peppers in any color (green, red, yellow or orange...about 3/4 cup)
-1 can black beans
-half bag of spinach
-cumin
-garlic salt
-tortillas
-can of diced green chilies (optional)
-cheese (I use Monterrey Jack cheese)
-about 1/4 cup of cream or milk)
-avocados
-salsa
Second, in a pan saute about a 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 1 chopped zucchini, 1 chopped yellow squash, some chopped pepper (I had assorted yellow, red and orange peppers in my freezer that I used). After about 4 minutes, add a can of drained black beans and half a bag of spinach. Cook until heated through and sprinkle with some cumin. Separately, shred chicken and season with some garlic salt, set aside.
Arrange enchiladas by putting cheese, shredded chicken and veggie mixture in each flour tortilla. Roll and place in glass baking dish. In a bowl, melt some monterrey jack cheese with a little cream (in microwave) and stir until smooth (I also added some canned diced green chilies). Pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Serve with guacamole and Costco's mango salsa on top.
-Note, lately to make guacamole I just mash avocados with some plain greek yogurt, lemon juice and garlic salt, all to taste.
| I'm no foodie photographer but what you see is what you get. And yeah, I clearly really like guacamole :) |
2 comments:
How about Donut's lasagna recipe?
YUM. I'm always amazed by people who make pretend mexican food, and I always love the taste, but I have to admit - I'm not really a creamed can of whatever kind of chef. So this recipe looks way more like my style. Super yum! Thanks for the share!
Post a Comment