Wow. I can hardly believe I am 36 weeks pregnant. I haven't updated our blog because I really want to post pictures from Luke's birthday and haven't had a chance to really go through the pictures.
That isn't entirely true. I definitely have the time. But instead I rest....a lot.
I've been home for about 3 weeks now with no real problems (at least none that would land me in the hospital again). I am so grateful for that. It has been so nice to be home and with my family. My mother-in-law is living with us on the weekdays and my father-in-law comes most weekends (from Cleveland) to make sure that I'm not alone with the kids. The worry is that if I have to go to the hospital, I will have to leave immediately and won't have time to wait for childcare. I also would not be able to keep up with the boys on my own although they have been taking it easy on me for the most part. Friends have picked up the boys for playdates most mornings. I am looking forward to repaying a lot of favors when this is all over :)
Since being home I've been able to walk around more and do more of my normal activities day by day. This has helped me feel more confident that I'll be able to physically take care of three kids. Although I still worry that my stamina and energy levels are so low. It will take several months for my blood count to get back to a normal level. Until then, I'm told to be patient with myself because I will probably feel tired and weak a lot.
I go to the hospital twice a week for monitoring. Tomorrow I have an ultrasound and we will see if the baby is continuing to grow. The most exciting news is that I'll be induced on October 5th (37 weeks). After much deliberation, I think this is the safest option and the one I feel the most at peace about. It has been a really really long road. I've had enough surprises and emergencies...a planned and scheduled birth sounds just peachy to me. (Of course, I'm having contractions as I'm writing this so who knows. Contractions have become so normal that I hardly notice them anymore.)
The boys are cute and fun. Luke was especially nice to me while I was in the hospital and the first few weeks I was home. It actually was a little weird (but good weird). I think he was trying really hard to be extra good so that I would be okay and happy. He didn't want to upset or disappoint me. Luke has a very high emotional IQ. However, now that I've been home for a while, he is not afraid to whine or challenge me, etc. I'm not going to say I'm happy about this but at least I think it means that he is not as worried about me. Cameron has been so much fun that I don't want him to grow up. I just want him to be 2.5 forever.
Anyway, just wanted to update any friends that read our blog that I am still pregnant. Being pregnant this long with the different problems I've had has not been easy for me or my family, but it is a huge blessing when compared with the situation we were faced with at 24 weeks. In fact, it is the best we could have hoped for. A miracle!
Now lets have a baby!!
6 comments:
Thanks for the update Lauren, I am so glad you are still doing well. It is so great that you have an end in sight. We will be thinking and praying for you for the next week. I hope the induction goes smoothly.
a miracle indeed. I'm so glad! Thanks for sharing so we could be along for the emotional ride! :)
That's so awesome MoCann! I am so glad and can't wait to see pictures of your cute little girl!
Hurray!!! This is great Lauren. I am so happy for you and glad for you that it will be over soon with such a good outcome.
We love the baby pictures and miss seeing her and the boys. Give those boys hugs and kisses from us.
Mom McCann
Congrats Lauren! She is beautiful, and I am not just saying that! Plus she has the best middle name there is! I absolutely cannot believe your delivery. I am speechless! for once :) I hope you are resting up, you definitely earned it! Love Ya!
Post a Comment