Sunday, December 1, 2013

Esme's Blessing Day

I had been looking forward to Esme's blessing day for a long time (it was a month ago). In our church, fathers (or any worthy Priesthood holder) can give their baby a special blessing at church. To me, it always seems like a little celebration day. On that day, I always feel especially grateful to Heavenly Father for sending a special spirit to our home. Ez donned a carefully crafted blessing gown that Andrew's Mom made for her. Afterwards, as Andrew held her up in the air for the masses to admire, she let out an angelic yawn that left them all swooning. She was a showstopper.

After the blessing, was a testimony meeting where Andrew and I both got up and blubbered (more specifically, I blubbered) about our eternal gratitude to those who made it possible for us to patiently endure this pregnancy. We also professed our deep faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement and plan for us. 


I'm totally wearing tall heels and we are still miles apart! I figure now that I have a girl I should probably own something hot pink. Check.


Ez and Meema


Andrew and his Dad have a tradition of wearing the same shoes to all major religious occasions in the family (specifically things like baptisms, weddings, baby blessings, etc). Andrew's are from Italy and are really uncomfortable (but don't they look cool!?)




I struggled a bit to capture this outfit with the camera. If you look carefully, Delt also made her a blanket with her name and birthday embroidered on it.







5 comments:

Megan said...

She's an angel!

Janelle said...

Hi Staceys! Your little Esme really is a picture perfect angel! And Lauren, you should wear some more hot pink - you look amazing! :)

Unknown said...

I like Janelle's comment: you DO look amazing in pink! and I LOVE Esme's beautiful dress! Perfectly crafted, just like her! :)

Grandma McCann said...

Delta made such a beautiful dress, bonnet and blanket. She is a talented woman. Esme looks so sweet in it and she looks like she likes it too. It is so wonderful to have her here at last. The boys look cute too and seem to be enjoying having their picture taken with everyone.

The Clubb House said...

So adorable!! Thank you for posting pictures. The boys are getting so big! And they look older, like boys and not babies or toddlers anymore. You look amazing, Lauren! Three kids and you are rocking the hot pink and white skirt!! Love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...