However, despite the busyness, we are doing really really well. I am so grateful to be healthy and able to take care of my kids. I'm so grateful for baby Esme. She is such a fun, beautiful girl. Every once in a while I will be staring at her perfect little face and this feeling will creep up and overwhelm me how incredibly blessed we are that she is alive and healthy. I don't know why it turned out so well, but I'm constantly reminded to be grateful.

The boys are so cute. I wish I had better words to describe them. Luke has such a wild imagination and is learning so quickly. Cameron always surprises me by the things that come out of his mouth...which are usually things he hears me say all the time. Yesterday he chided Luke in the car, "Luke, we ALREADY told you that we AREN'T stopping for pizza! We TOLD you already!". Oh dear, another Mommy in the house and he's only 3 years old.
When we got home from a long time in the car yesterday, they decided that we needed to play a game of water toss. Of course, I was feeling like being a fun Mom at that particular moment and decided it was a great idea. Luke filled up 12 ziploc bags with water (4 for each of us...good multiplication) and we had to take turns throwing them against the bathtub to see who could break one first (these are the games you come up with when it is -3 degrees outside). When the ziploc bags proved too strong for the challenge, water balloons quickly replaced them. That's when the game quickly escalated to something I had a reasonable amount of control over, to a very uncontrolled activity with water balloons flying everywhere and little boys trying to fill up water balloons themselves only to have them popping off the faucets and spraying water everywhere. This was the scene when we were supposed to be eating dinner. When will I learn. But boy do I LOVE them and I'm glad I get to referee their indoor water balloon fights during dinnertime.
I now need to return my attention to the playdate going on right now (which has allowed me a few minutes to update the good ole blog). I hear screaming, or maybe it's yelling. I haven't determined yet if it is all part of the play or about to be the source of someone's tears. So I'll sign off with some pictures we took in Utah with my family this year. I miss those guys already.
The oldest to youngest shot




2 comments:
Great pix of one of my favorite families! And YES, hooray for miracles!
You look gooood girl! :-) Your kiddos are SO beautiful!
Post a Comment