Sunday, November 8, 2015

Leeds Castle and a view from my window

On the way home from the White Cliffs of Dover we were going to be driving by Leeds Castle. It is quote "the loveliest castle in the world" so we thought we would stop and take a look. It was closing when we arrived and we couldn't get through the gates of the enormously long drive way. We were worried we might not be able to even catch a glimpse but then as we were off on a side road, we saw some locals walking and asked them where we could get a view of the castle. They told us about a footpath that would take us to a great hill overlooking the castle. It is where all the locals go to watch fireworks when there is a special occasion going on there. It was perfect. I do have a tiny itch to go back and see it up close sometime (I hear it has a moat!) but I definitely was filled for the time being.



We walked through this sheep farm (part of the public footpath)






Leeds Castle in all its loveliness


Trying to get the kids excited about more photo-taking




Luke is my little acrobat so he really got into this


Dad knows how to get them smiling


These are all blurry :( but so cute that I'm posting them anyway





Give these kids a field to run free. They are happy.


I love catching little moments between these two. Cam always looks at his Dad with such admiration. Andrew is his number one hero.


The next morning I woke up and there was a nice morning light (post stormy weather)...


This is my view from my kitchen window


This is my view from my bedroom window


I don't know if a photo adequately captures it. I love looking out this window


There are some nice private yards below. We are sort of surrounded by incredibly wealthy people. We are not one of them but definitely enjoy their pretty homes and yards.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...