Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bad Mom


Tonight I was cooking dinner and heard Luke yelling/fussing in the other room. I knew he probably wanted me to hold him (as he is a little clingy in the evening) but I had dinner on the stove and didn't want it to burn. I kept yelling out to him to just hold on for a few minutes. After a while, it got quiet. I came out and discovered that he found a way to sleep in the jumperoo. Poor kid. It kind of reminds me of college when you are so tired that you find ways to sleep in really uncomfortable places. You think that if you get you arm in the perfect position, it might just be a suitable replacement for your pillow.

Just as a warning, there will probably be an overload of Luke pictures for a while. I'm feeling super guilty that my family can't see Luke in person at this stage because he is SO fun. I blog with lots of pictures of him to help relieve my guilt!

That's right. He's a tough kid....playing with a pink Easter egg.


Luke usually wakes me up every morning by blowing out of his diaper (I'm awake before it happens, but I'm really awake after it happens). I am starting to get so tired of all the laundry that sometimes I put those plastic diapers (that they use with cloth diapers) around his disposables to help contain the explosion. It seems to help.


He started off a little wobbly...


But has really seemed to master pulling himself up to a standing position.

And he couldn't be prouder

6 comments:

Metta said...

Lauren, he is soooo sweet, and I love those cheeks. Hey crazy, are you working? For some reason in a recent message I had from you it sounded like you were working and playing mom. Did I just imagine that? Anyway, you're amazing regardless. Happy spring to you!

Unknown said...

Lauren, he does have some of our McCann genes so you should realize that when we want to sleep, we will sleep!! LOL!

Harada's said...

That sleeping picture is so cute and funny! I seriously did the exact same thing 2 days ago. Kai was sitting in his toy suacer thing and he was fussing a little bit while I was cooking dinner. Well it got quiet so I peeked in on him and he had falling asleep sitting up, just like luke. I took a picture of it and was going to post it sometime soon, because it was so cute. So I was seriously laughing at that picture of luke, your not a bad mom, or maybe I am a bad mom with you! =)

Unknown said...

so funny! I do the same thing all the time (talk to Gwen from the other room while she fusses), but she's never fallen asleep like that yet. too cute!

and I love the other pics too.

The Clubb House said...

You are definitely not a bad mom! I think all of my kids have fallen asleep one time or another while I was cooking dinner. (They are grateful that we finished dinner and ate it when they are hungry later on!!) I think most moms have a similar story. Thank you for all the pictures of Luke. We love you and Andrew a ton, but you are not changing as much as Luke! We appreciate the pictures and commentary. And we miss you ALL!

linzi said...

Luke seriously is the cutest baby actor I've ever seen. Ever time Michael and I watch the movie - Michael always says, "he really is so cute!" I love it. Thanks so much for your help that day. You guys are the best.

When I saw that last picture of Luke the first thing I though was "Andrew". He looks so much like him there!

Oh, and Michael and I are wondering if you and Andrew will teach us how to barbeque? I know, we are pathetic - but we've never done it before! You know, with the coals and all that...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...