Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break


I have a million other things that I really should be doing, but I'm ignoring them all. A few weeks ago Andrew had spring break. It was starting to look like an uneventful week. Andrew spent the first few days completing a first aid course that he had to get done. Then I maliciously tricked him into helping me finish the room I was re-doing at his parent's house. I was starting to feel bad that there was nothing fun and exciting going on (as Andrew is always on the prowl for fun and exciting). So on Thursday afternoon we were wild and adventurous and spontaneously decided to go to Niagara Falls. I don't know how spontaneous it actually was because Andrew likes to spend his free time planning possible vacations and already knew where we could find the coolest deal around.

So here it is (I only share because the deal lasts until mid-May and there might be some Ohioans that can still take advantage).

The Embassy Suites Hotel in Niagara Falls, Canada. One night = $145.00 (Canadian...so around $108 American)
Includes:
  • Dinner voucher for $45.00 at any three of their restaurants (we ate at TGI Fridays and didn't spend a dime).
  • A sit down, made-to-order breakfast overlooking the falls
  • A king-bed suite with a whirlpool in the room
  • More cool stuff you can read about here
We definitely recommend it. We got there a little late in the evening and they upgraded us for free to this amazing suite with a living room and a fantastic view of the falls. We were glad that we had a good view because the next day it rained and we couldn't go outside for a closer look.

Behind Luke is American Falls


Now Luke is kindly modeling in front of Horseshoe Falls


If you're beginning to wonder how many pictures we can take of our baby in front of a window...you have no idea! I'm being highly selective!

Here is a closer look at Horseshoe Falls. It really is spectacular.

Luke likes his space.

And for those who are wondering how the room turned out...

Before (well half-way actually)

After

To top it all off, Andrew's brother and his family came to the Stacey's and so we finished off the week playing with cousins.

Luke really likes his cousin Devor
and carrots.

6 comments:

Tom Allred said...

That looks like a blast.

Dan and Janay said...

Wow, why be a Doctor, when you could be an amazing travel agent. What a DEAL!!!!!! I wish we could get in on that. How did you find such a deal?
Janay

Megan said...

Wow! Maybe Dave and I will have to check that out!!

linzi said...

We have been wanting to go to Niagara Falls since we moved here. I think you just made it possible for us! Thanks for the insight. And about the light bulbs...my favorite ones are the "natural light" - last time I went to Walmart, both Phillips and GE were on sale. We are trying out some sort of halogen light bulb right now and it seems to give off a good light too...
haha...i really have no idea what I am talking about!!! I just know I like outside light.

Michael and I rented Australia from RedBox and I loved it! I was such a beautiful film! Have you watched any other good ones lately???

The Clubb House said...

Love the pictures! I'm sure it was hard to pick just a few to post of Luke...he was cuter than the falls (although the falls are pretty spectacular) I didn't even notice them at first!

The Clubb House said...

Great job on the room, btw! You should hire out your services. You are talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...