Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Intervention


This was Luke after I replaced his regular peanut butter, with a peanut butter that has 1/3 less sugar:

He screamed for about 5 minutes straight until I scraped his tongue off and washed his mouth out with water. He continued to moan so I let him chew on a towel and sit on the couch for about 20 minutes. I imagine he felt like he suffered the ultimate betrayal.

I think its time for an intervention.

We have a little sugar addict in our family (or maybe two, but I promised the other one I wouldn't say anything)

11 comments:

Cort and Amy said...

Even before I saw this post, I thought about this story this morning and laughed out loud. I'm pretty sure neither you or I would be able to taste the difference in the pb, but leave it to the 2 year old to figure it out in an instant.

Sheryl said...

oh wow. I'm so like that. I like the real, fatty, sugary stuff too. I hear you Luke.

kaheels said...

Yikes. I tried the same thing with Ben, he just didn't eat the PB&J which he usually chows down. Gotta love a 2 year old's ability to overreact.

linzi said...

That is so funny! I can't believe he could tell!!! I think he should become a food critic :) He's got some mighty fine taste buds. Love him.

Kimi said...

Ha! That's funny. Poor kid, tricked by his evil mom.

About the Greek yogurt. I didn't know it was better for you, I just like the taste of it, but you have to get a good kind. The kind I ate in the U.S. is called Greek Gods, and it is the honey flavored one. You have to get the honey flavored, that's the good kind. There was also another kind that my brother had, I don't think it is Greek, but it is dang good. The brand is Brown Cow and that one you gotta try the Maple and brown sugar. Mmmm...them are tasty. I really like yogurt in case you couldn't tell.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

How funny!!! He must have a sensitive palate.

heather said...

That kid is a riot!! I remember my mom telling me as a kid that you can't even tell the difference between these kind of things - I'm totally sending her a link to this post because it proves you can!! :) Thanks for the validation!

Unknown said...

I totally understand. "Less sugar" is just code for icky.

Stacey Mom said...

Thats hilarious Lauren! I can't believe he noticed!

Megan said...

LOL looks like this post got a lot of comments. SUPER funny I was laughing out loud. Kids know the good stuff for sure. Why would you eat "healthy" peanut butter? Yuck! I guess when a kid eats a pb&j almost every day it might be worth a try. I understand, though. It's like fat free salad dressing - it's just wrong! Miss ya'll

Michele said...

Lauren,
I should send you some almond butter that I use that taste just like the good peanut butter, actually it tastes even better. It is called Barney's butter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...