Today while we were driving to church, I had to mend my skirt (which I was wearing at the time). So I had my needle and thread out and was concentrating on getting it done quickly.
As I was finishing up, Andrew said that he was surprised that I was able to sew in the car. I often complain of motion sickness and am always telling Andrew that I can't read or do other things in the car that prevent me from looking forward. Andrew proceeded to tease me relentlessly about how I must be faking the whole motion sick thing so that I don't have to do anything while he's driving, etc, etc. blah, blah, blah (this is where is gets good...)
As he is teasing me and throwing out accusations of false witness, I look up and realize that I really am not feeling so great. In fact, I interrupt his teasing to tell him that he needs to pull over right away. When he does, I run out of the car and puke on the side of the road. Normally such an event would cause me great distress and some embarrassment (I haven't puked from car sickness since I was about 6 years old). However, instead I felt such a sense of triumph and I sort of grinned as I got back in the car.
Let this be a lesson for all husbands out there. If you tease your wife about something that seems unlikely to ever happen, it WILL happen just to put you in your place. My throwing up on the side of the road as other church-goers passed by, was a small price to pay for the satisfaction of knowing that for the next 5 minutes, Andrew was thinking to himself, "how the heck did she do that?". And I don't think he will be expecting much out of me during car trips in the future.
5 comments:
Wow ... a good reason to put some travel-sized tooth brush and tooth paste in the car!! Hope church wasn't awful after that drive!
that is great! It makes me crazy that Ryan thinks that I'm just a big whiner and that I could train myself to be able to do stuff in cars.
Nice! You showed him! hahahaha
That is awesome!
That'll teach 'em.
Post a Comment