Saturday, October 2, 2010

Luke's Birthday


Luke's 2nd birthday was at the end of August.

I haven't mentioned it on our blog because I felt really, really guilty. We missed it because we were on our cruise. I know that Luke doesn't care because he doesn't even really get what a birthday is yet. It was much harder for his Mom to miss out on the festivities.

Luckily, Andrew's Dad still made it a special day for him. I'm sure all Luke really wanted for his birthday was to hang out with Grandpa anyway. A friend helped them celebrate and took some pictures. I wish I could add some captions, but I wasn't there either :(








I'm guessing that Luke is picking out the chocolate chips because he would totally do something like that.




Thanks for the pictures Heather. Even though I cried when you sent them to me, they were happy tears (kinda) because it meant a lot to see him on his birthday.

We did have a little party of our own last week (I know, VERY BELATED). Those pictures are coming...

2 comments:

heather said...

I really don't think you should feel bad about this - your kid is LOVING life and that is the ultimate reflection of your job as the mother. You obviously teach him and allow him to be wonderful and full of energy and passionate about life - he is beyond lucky to have you as his mom! Don't beat yourself up about it, and embrace the fact that you are awesome! :) What kid on earth wouldn't love an excuse to have TWO 2-year old birthdays anyway?! I'd say do it again next year if you can! :)

Cort and Amy said...

I totally cried when I saw these too! But they were definitely happy tears, like "I can't believe how much our kids have grown up" tears. He sure looks happy! A sign of wonderful parents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...