
After a few months of sporadic effort, I finally finished the baby quilt I wanted to make for the Stacey boy on the way. It was actually a lot of fun to make and I don't think it will be my last quilt. Although, I wouldn't mind paying someone to bind the next one for me. I felt like I used pure force to get the binding on this one and up close it is obvious I have no clue what I'm doing. Overall, there are a lot of mistakes but I think the style lends itself well to mistakes. Can I just tell you how good it feels to FINISH!? There is so much in my life that is just an on-going cycle (which is fine) but it is great to start a lengthy project and actually get it done in a reasonable amount of time. It kind of makes me want to start another project but the timing would be a bit unreasonable I think :). I've got more important things coming my way.
So little baby Stacey, now that your quilt is finished, you are welcome to come anytime. However, it would be great if you could come between Dec. 24 (Andrew has boards on the 23rd) and Jan. 3 (when Andrew starts his next rotation). I know that means coming a little early, but I made you this nifty quilt, so help a mother out!
By the way, if you want instructions on how to make a similar quilt, go
here. And if you live in Columbus, I would recommend this
little fabric shoppe because they have really cute stuff.
9 comments:
It's so cute!!! It looks perfect! You always amaze me, you know that. One of my favorite things about you is that when you want to do something, you just do it! I love it! I want to be like you!
I can't wait to see little Mr. Stacey wrapped it in now :)
Dah! I want to see it in person! And I wanted to see that first picture enlarged! I REALLY want to learn how to do this - I got a sewing machine for Christmas!! So can you teach me?! :) Oh i can't wait. We'll have four kids screaming all around us and you'll teach me, right? haha. We'll see. Either way, it looks absolutely fantastic and I love it. Good job Lauren - you rock!
That looks great!
By the way, I clicked on the tutorial link and was reminded what a small world it is. The tutorial is from my friend's sister-in-law's blog. I've looked at that blog lots for sewing ideas. And I've seen some of her quilts in person because she gave them to my friend when she had a baby. I know, I'm famous (or something).
Love it. Congrats on a boy on the way. You are almost there. I love the crayon holder that you made as well. You are one talented sewing chicka.
I just realized that I think I have your old address. Didn't you move within Ohio? Anyway, if this is true, could you send me your new address so that I can get you a Christmas card?
I am impressed it is beautiful. You have inspired me. I think I might attempt a quilt for my little almost 2 year old. If it could look like yours I would be on board for sure. Hope you guys are having a merry Christmas!
Rick rack and everything! You were born to quilt! It looks as good as the rumors I have heard about it! The colors are really fun. I will cross my fingers baby comes within his appointed range.
Lookin good! I love the colors and a good project. So, do you think Baby Stacey #2 will look like his big bro? I'm excited to see (probably not as much as you). Not too much longer...
What about a belly pic?? For your friends far away who don't get to see it?? :)
Post a Comment