Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brotha's

Today I took the boys on a walk (because it feels like Spring around here lately). Luke insisted on walking next to the stroller which makes me nervous since there aren't a lot of sidewalks in our neighborhood. About half-way through our walk, Cam started reaching out for Luke's hand. Luke (secretly pleased to be summoned) dutifully grabbed onto Cam's little fingers even though it was slightly awkward to try and hold hands while he walked alongside the stroller. If Luke let go to jump over a puddle or something, Cam kept reaching his arm out as far as he could so Luke would grab on again. Eventually, I convinced Luke to just sit in the stroller so they could be closer together. I wished I had my camera! It was one of those warm fuzzy mom moments. There they were: Luke holding Cam's hand (not squeezing it or pulling it in a hundred different directions) and Cam, totally content to be leaning against his older brother. The best part was that I knew, in that moment, Luke was genuinely happy to be an older brother and loves Cam to pieces. When we got home, I grabbed my camera and got a few shots but the moment was pretty much over.



starting to get a little on the rough side...


A little "binky stealing" going on




Cam retaliates with a little eye poke...


While Luke was at preschool, Cam and I had some quality time outside. This little man has pulled a 180 since turning one. He is sweet as pie! His personality has erupted over the past month. I've been shocked to see him cuddle with people he hardly knows! Plus, he is sleeping through the night (is there a faster way to a mother's heart than that?). I've always been in love with this little guy but now I fully expect everyone else to fall in love with him too.



He really wants his binky back in this picture but I'm holding it hostage for a smile.


Then he caved and gave me the smile:



'ok, now give me that binky'







By the way, you could probably tell in the previous post (the pics in this post aren't edited) that I've been having some fun over on Picnik. They have all their premium features for free until April (normally you have to be a member to have access). I'm sad they are closing up shop but I'm having lots of fun in the meantime. Happy Picniking!

4 comments:

Grandma McCann said...

These are such sweet pictures of the boys together. I know they will be great friends and I'm glad to see it happening.

Grandma McCann said...

These are such sweet pictures of the boys together. I know they will be great friends and I'm glad to see it happening.

heather said...

Lauren your boys are THE most adorable boys! I love the ones of Cam reaching for the pacifier - and then the smile he finally gives you because he knows the system. :) Love it!

The Clubb House said...

Now I need to see you guys again so that Cam will let me hold him!! He already looks older!
I love that they were holding hands and then goofing off together. They will be good buddies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...