Friday, February 3, 2012

Root Beer Sampler


Last Valentines Day, my friend had the brilliant idea to give our husbands a sampler of different varieties of root beer. Andrew LOVED it. He had a whole rating system to figure out what kind was the best (I believe Vanilla Frostie won in case you're wondering). After a long hard day, we would put the kids to bed and get so excited to pop open a new bottle of root beer to share (and I don't even like root beer that much).

It works best if you do it with some friends so you can can split up the packs of root beer (they usually come in 4 or 6 packs). My friend, Heather, got the idea here (would also work great for Father's Day). See below.



I'm racking my brain to figure out how I'm going to top last year... (clearly we're "thoughtful" instead of "expensive" gift-givers over here)

6 comments:

Sweetbriar Sisters said...

That's a great idea! Doug would have a blast with that. I love that you even found a crate the perfect size for them!

heather said...

Dah! I'm catching up on blogs today, and I see this! How fun to remember. Oh my goodness I miss being able to do random things like this with you. And I love hearing how much Drew loved it. It was definitely one of those gifts that lasted a long time (especially since we had extra duplicates of the ones that came in packs of six!). Tell me what you're doing this year when you figure it out - I am stumped! :) Miss you!!

Grandma McCann said...

This is such a cute idea. Now all I have to do is find different brands of Root Beer. Mom McCann

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea! I love it!

Alyssa and James said...

Dear Old Roomie: First, it has been forever but I still stalk you guys on your blog and love the updates. Hope that's ok :) Second, I might have to steal the root beer idea. Third, I am glad that life seems to be going well. Tell Andrew I say hello!

Janelle said...

Oh my goodness. Richard would LOVE this! Thanks gorgeous! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...