
Stats: 26 lbs 8 oz, 32 inches tall, 19 inch head cir.
Dear Cameron,
You have completely stolen my heart little one. You are adorable. I am sorry that sometimes Luke gets so much of my attention. He is constantly talking to me and needing something or wanting to do something with my help. I love it, but I wish I had some time to only have you in my life...for you to be the 'only child' every once in a while. But you? You don't seem to mind. You are content to do your own thing. You need me for the occassional cuddle (you are a BIG time cuddle bug), to give you food, to help you when you crawl into an impossible situation. But overall, you like doing things on your own.
You don't seem to mind when Luke is getting more attention, and he doesn't really mind when you're getting all the attention. I think that's because you are both solidly on the same team. You always have been. You look out for his best interest and he looks out for yours. You always slip him your binky when I'm not looking because you know he loves it (and that I strongly disapprove). When I discover your little crime, you both look at each other and smile. It is a look that both pleases me and horrifies me at the same time. You love each other...and you have some way communicating behind my back like little spies.
I don't know if it is possible to be considered 'spiritual' when you're only 16 months old, but you little one, are spiritual. Without us ever teaching you, you fold your arms when say it is time for prayers, or if it looks like we are praying, or if you think we should be praying. You fold your arms proudly, smile, and then close your eyes. You are so pleased with yourself. When we are done you always say 'Amen' or 'All done' in your cute broken language. You pay attention and pick up on things so quickly. You are so obedient and good. Most little babies your age are, but I can already see it is your nature to be good...maybe a little headstrong...but good.
You eat like crazy. It is like a dream come true for me. I love to feed you. Thank you so much for eating my food because I was about to give up cooking forever. You actually like healthy foods too and you make me feel like a good Mom when you are excited to eat bananas or black beans or blueberries (even if that has little to do with me). Spicy foods don't bother you. You are brave. You don't love everything (e.g. strawberries, most meat, potatoes) but you definitely like to eat. When you are obviously done and I go to take your tray away and pick you up, you always reach out and grab for one more piece of food as I'm carrying you off. This makes me laugh because sometimes you have been done eating for 5 minutes of more, but you still like to grab one more little bite of something to take with you. It is hilarious.
Because you like to eat, your belly is big. Sometimes enormous. It just grows and grows until it is portruding inches beyond your waistline. You continue to eat and eat, and after days we are certain you are about to burst. And burst you do. I hope you don't mind me talking about your big belly. It is endearing and cute. We praise you for it because you are healthy and strong.
| These are how Cams knees always look. Just add a little more dirt and some pen marks |
You have such a soft, cuddly side of you which is so charming when juxtaposed with your brawny, stubborn side. You love to say 'no' all the time even if you don't know what we're talking about, but you also give kisses freely and clap your hands without prompting when you hear the song, "if you're happy and you know it". You stiff arm Luke when he tries to take something you're playing with, but you also give him hugs generously and wake him up from naps by planting kisses on his face. You have a gruff voice when you need to get our attention and I've never heard a child scream so loud when angered, but when you impersonate a cat and make your little 'meow' noise your voice reaches the highest sweetest pitch that has ever left human lips. How do these ranges of emotion and temperament come from one very little boy?
Congratulations! You just started walking. I would say it really became official around the time we left on vacation in early May. Since then you have worked steadily on perfecting the skill. You have been a wobbly walker (and it took 16 months!)...maybe your hips or ankles got a little tweaked while scrunched in my body. But you are persistent and excited to master this new skill. It is so fun to watch you walking around, beaming with pride.

And just look at those eyes! When I see them I just want to swim in them! They are a like a warm Caribbean sea. When you smile and the light hits them just right, I think about all the girls that will be calling the house waaaay sooner than I will be ready. You little heart breaker.
Love you sweetness.
-Mom







5 comments:
What a lovely letter to your baby! I love it! Made me smile the entire time. Thanks for sharing.
I'm in love! He is so handsome, and such a sweet little boy. I'm glad I got to meet him for just a day and feel of his goodness. And I LOVE your photography skills Lauren! I need you to fly down to NC when I buy a new camera and give me lessons. K? :)
The Rainbow in the background adds a special touch to your already tender letter to Cams...lucky boys, to have you for a Mom. Carry On, MoCann! I love you.
I miss those babies so much! Saving up to see you in Ann Arbor Pooky!
We can hardly wait to see you this summer and play with the boys. I think Cams can figure out a lot of things already. They are both smart little boys. So pleased that Cam is walking now and ready to go places and do things. Do you think Luke will learn to fish?
Post a Comment