Saturday, August 25, 2012

Got It!



I often have a problem capturing the true essence of Cam on film (or rather, on digital image, but film sounds better). When I look over my pictures I rarely feel like the camera saw what I saw with my own two eyes. Most of the time I think, 'this just doesn't look like him'. Does that sound crazy?

But this picture is spot on. It is just how I remember him that afternoon. I know he is barely in the shot and if I remember correctly he was walking toward me, ready to swipe my camera at any moment. But after about 20 shots I finally got it! This is Cam. In all his drooly, blue-eyed, messy, smiling glory. He is an absolute joy to be around. If I could freeze time with Cam at any age, this would definitely be it. All those sleepless nights- and there were many- were totally worth it.


p.s. I was just thinking tonight about a couple things I need to write somewhere so I don't forget:

-Cam is SO verbal and loves repeating everything we say. You'll never meet a kid who talks with more vigor. He says every word like it is the most exciting thing in the world. Wonder who he gets that from.

-I was explaining to Luke the other night about how he used to be in my tummy but now he isn't and he never will be again. He responded, "Why did you eat me?". He keeps bringing it up so I think I must have really confused him, although he has a good sense of humor about it and thinks it's funny when we pretend to eat each other.

-Luke, for some unknown reason, has decided to combine our names together ("Mommy" and "Daddy"). He very often will refer to us (together or alone) as "MomDee" or "Dammy". The latter of which always catches me a little off guard and I have to remind Luke that he shouldn't use that word. :)

4 comments:

Grandma McCann said...

I know one thing for sure. He adores his mommy!

Megan said...

I love this picture! I have the same experience with both my children - where the camera usually doesn't really show what I see. I'm glad someone else has experienced this ;)

Stacey Mom said...

That is such a great shot lauren! I love it.

heather said...

Oh. My. Word. He is so crazy, stinking cute!! This is such a fantastic picture Lauren!! I love the composition too - how he's partway out of the frame. It seriously is perfect. LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...