Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bye Dansies

We REALLY wanted to see our friends, the Dansies, before they headed west forever. Everything has been so chaotic lately that we couldn't actually make the trip down to Columbus, so they met us halfway in the little town of Findlay, Ohio one Saturday evening when Andrew was post-call (code for exhausted).



Andrew and Brian were mission companions in Italy. I remember meeting him when he first came home back in 2004. He still had all his hair back then (Andrew made me write that). I even got a glimpse of Rachel at a party (when she was dating Brian) before I left on my mission. Then, in 2007, it just so happened that both Brian and Andrew were going to start professional programs at Ohio State. We apartment hunted together and ended up living in the same complex that first year in Ohio. Almost every Sunday, Andrew and I would run to their house after church (I say run because I swear that first winter was the coldest EVER) and the Dansies would make us spaghetti with a "special sauce" that we all deemed perfection. It never got old. We didn't have kids yet and they only had one little boy. We scouted out all the coolest hangouts in C-bus, relished in our student-poverty, and Rachel and I became bosom buddies for life :).

Over the years, they have always been those friends that you know you'll have forever. Andrew and I felt so weird about saying goodbye even though we've only seen them a few times since moving to Ann Arbor. It just seems like we should be next door neighbors (or at least only one state over) for the rest of our lives. But I feel confident that we'll still see each other periodically and it will be just like old times. They are just those kind of friends.








Our kids love each other too, which is the true recipe for a long-lasting friendship. When we got in the car to drive to Findlay, I told Luke we were going to see one of his favorite people in the whole world and asked if he wanted to guess who. He said, "Davis!" which surprised me since I hadn't said a word about it. When I asked him how he knew, he said, "Davis is one of my favorite friends!". 

1 comment:

Thedailydansie said...

That just makes me cry! I love them so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...