Saturday, June 22, 2013
Happy 50th Anniversary!
Today is my parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration (actual anniversary was a few days ago). For a number of reasons I'm not able to be there, but today none of my practical reasons matter...I feel terrible for my absence. I hate missing out on the fun. I was ready to hop on an airplane last night because my guilt was eating away at me, but I ended up feeling sick all night so it was probably better that I didn't. However, despite my failings, I am so happy and excited for this milestone in their lives. I'm very grateful for the sacrifices they made to have a family. They did their best to make our home happy and teach us important things. Now that I'm starting to understand some of those sacrifices first hand, I am all the more grateful for my parents. I have never felt like an afterthought to them or like they wasted valuable resources and time on my upbringing. Their family is their greatest treasure. So much good in life comes from little day-to-day choices and they are certainly a testament of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! 50 Years! Go McCann's!
Post a Comment