Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Monteriggioni

Monteriggioni is an old fort that used to defend Siena against the Florentines hundreds of years ago. It is not too far of a drive so we went to see it after Andrew got home from work one evening.

It seemed pretty low key but maybe that is because we went in the evening. Inside the fort were a few restaurants and boutiques. There was also a swanky looking hotel which is not what I would expect to find inside a fort.








Luke didn't listen and ran down a steep part of the hill, resulting in these tears.


The views were incredible.





There was a vineyard just outside the fort and nearby was a field with horses which the boys were excited about.







3 comments:

marika said...

Can I just reply WOW for every Italy post?

David Grover said...

......I am so impressed and in love with this family adventure in Italy. You are living the dream, Lauren! These photos are gorgeous.

David Grover said...

Whoops, sorry—that was Emily Grover, not David. My husband must be logged into my computer. It's just me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...