
Nursery is where kids ages 1.5 -3 years old go during our Sunday meetings. You can imagine what it is like to get a 1 year old through 3 hours of church (during nap time) each Sunday. We have definitely been counting down the days until Luke could go play in Nursery.
As long as there are chairs to climb and light switches to manipulate, he's a happy camper. I actually have to confess that I ended up not leaving today. I know that Luke would probably have been fine because he knows all the other kids, but I kind of feel weird without him. He has become my security blanket. I feel so much more comfortable talking to people, etc, when I have Luke to demand half my attention. Isn't that weird! I don't even know how to handle a few hours with no distractions. This little separation will definitely be good for both of us.By the way, I made his tie (which is why it looks a little funky). It was a good learning experience, but I think I'll just buy ties from now on. The pattern is here if you're interested.
13 comments:
What? How is he old enough to be in nursery?
I can't believe you made a tie. That is ambitious. I feel so bad that I called you flighty. I just speak way to often without thinking. Whenever I get angry and want to say something Andrew reminds me that I should just wait a little while until I calm down, because I always end up regretting how I handled the situation.
Dum da-da dum! It's an exciting day when your kid starts nursery. Congratulations! Now you don't have a good excuse to not pay attention in class... :)
I'm jealous. I spent a good part of yesterday listening to Chase screaming through my class' wall.
ummmm...i want to SMOTHER him with kisses! what a cutie!
p.s. let's hang out next time you're in the area.
Oh! I thought it was heaven when Afton went to nursery.
you are amazing to have made a tie! i swear everyone is crafty and skilled in that way, but me.
are you kidding me?! This kid is the cutest ever!! I love him! Thanks for letting me babysit today!
Awe...bittersweet. Next thing you know, he'll be getting baptized! :)
Lauren, I remember going to a education week conference where Merilee Boyack said after her kids all grew up she would find herself having a hard time sitting through scrament meeting and had to get up and take breaks (water, etc.) every so often because she was so use to having interupted sacrament meetings that she had a hard time adjusting to the whole time. I remember the feeling you are going through. It is weird to not have your baby close by when you are so use to them always being there.
Oh my goodness! What a cutie! I can't believe he is 18 months already. I actually like the tie, I was thinking Andrew did a funky job of tying it, however!! Maybe he's spending too much time in scrubs!!
I am so looking forward to that day...I have such a long way to go. Congratulations!
You always think that nursery day is going to be the happiest day of your life, but truth be told it is kind of horrible. It is the day that you realize that
A) you can't hang out with your friends in the hall anymore
B) You have to start listening in Sunday School
Oh well it has to happen sometime I guess. At least you can leave him without a fight.
By the way, I really do like church
Oh, and I love the tie!
Post a Comment