Most people who didn't know Andrew or I as children, think that Luke looks like Andrew. Its true that Luke gets his blonde locks, blue eyes, and forehead from his Daddy...but it seems like its my little secret that Luke looks much more like his momma (some people don't realize that my hair is naturally curly and I had a fro growing up). I think that as time goes on, kids sort of go back and forth between which parent they look like, but here is some evidence (embarrassing evidence) that Luke is more a McCann than people realize.
(warning: my parents didn't take very many pictures while we were growing up...for some reason i don't really look happy in any of these pictures. i promise i wasn't a depressed child!)
This is also why I'm a little picky about Luke's hair not being grown out into an afro (EVERYONE thinks I should let his hair grow longer). They do not know the pain I felt as a child whose older siblings always thought it was so cute to make me look like Annie or Shirley Temple. To this day it is hard for me to wear it curly. It always made me so mad (which might be why I'm scowling in the 2nd picture). At least Luke has a much better smile than his momma!
I always joke that it is unfortunate that Luke had to inherit so much from his Mom. But really, it is fun to see yourself in your children. I'm so curious to see what the next one will look like!
6 comments:
You. are. so. right. Especially that photo of you with the Easter basket... definitely a McCann.
Which is a very good thing to be!
Oh, and I forgot to tell you, your MTC companion just moved into my homeward (Kailua III) with her husband, and met my mom. Small world, eh?
Those pictures made my day!! They are great - priceless really :) Yes- Luke does look like his mom.
What is it with the McCanns that we always have to prove that our children look like our side of the family to! I remember when Brayden was a baby I was sitting with him in the back of the Primary room and some man (from Randy's ward that he grew up in)came in and sat by me and said that Brayden looked like his dad. I assumed that he must know Randy and found out later that he did but I wanted to say, "hey, he looks like my family to!"
Wow these are priceless Lauren! That picture of you with the Easter basket is like a spitting image of Luke - unbelievable! Totally love it!
So I some how missed the post where you said you were prego. Congrats!
These pictures are great!
You are such a cutie! Luke does totally look like you...and for some reason I always accidentally spell Luke Luck, then have to erase it! AND CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't know you were preggers! Yay Stacey Family!
Post a Comment