[Andrew]
My uncle is kind of an important guy. Rulon Stacey is the president and CEO of Poudre Valley Health System, centered in Fort Collins and the largest hospital system in northern Colorado. Last year his company won the extremely prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, awarded by President Obama. And, last month he was elected president of the American College of Health Care Executives. He knows a thing or two about leadership and healthcare and he recently imparted his wisdom in a new book, "Over Our Heads: An Analogy on Healthcare, Good Intentions, and Unforeseen Consequences."
If you have ever wanted to learn about what lead to the current healthcare crisis, you should read this book. For the first time you will learn from an international expert and not from a talking head in Washington. Though he is my uncle and I am a bit biased, by the accolades listed above, I don't believe there is a more qualified individual to explain to the layperson the chaos that is occurring in healthcare today. The book really opened my eyes. He uses an easy to understand metaphor and the book is a quick read, I finished in one night.
As a physician (wow, that feels weird to type!) I really wish every American would read this book, its message is very important and comes at a very important time.
2 comments:
Absolutely recommending it for David, and I might read it too. Thanks.
Thanks for the tip! We'll have to get this...
Post a Comment