Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Day to be a Cougar !!!

Readers: Let me introduce you to some of the best college football players in the country.


Exhibit A: #41, Coleby Clawson. Along with his linebacking core (which, may I remind the audience, was without its captain) played better than any core in the country. I can't remember the name of the guy in red, all I remember is #41 and his team shalacking that red team before this play, and I remember them shalacking the same team after this play.

Exhibit B: BYU secondary. Providing the best coverage, run support, and ball stripping in all of college football. Hyperbole? I think not. Let's remember the Oklahoma scores from last year.

2008 Regular Season Oklahoma Scores:

52
57
55
35
49
35
45
58
62
65
68
61
62

This is an average of 54.2 points. Oh, and by the way, 6 of those teams were ranked. Holding that team, who lost almost no one, to 13 points represents the best defensive backfield play in the nation. Mathematically, if Oklahoma's 2008 scores were distributed normally, we would expect them to score 13 points less than 0.005% of the time. That is more than 4 standard deviations off their average!!!
(Yea, BYU can teach you a trade too!)

Exhibit C: Mackay Jacobson and the player to the left of this image who is curiously surrounded by all those red players. There are some who may still say, "oh, the cougs won because so and so was injured." Ha, I laugh in your general direction. May I remind everyone that the only All-American on our team was also absent this game, our starting RB. In this one play we demonstrated the fear our players create in even the country's best teams while at the same time demonstrating our superior coaching, better than even [gasp] Mr. Stoops himself.



Self, Great Day!
It is a great day to be a cougar. But, my friends, EVERY DAY is a great day to be a cougar. We have won 10 games a season for as long as anyone can remember. We never lose at home. We provide the NFLs best third-string quarterbacks.

Cougar fans, it is time to stop being pathetic. Stop complaining, stop booing, stop going to games dressed up in your new banana republic shirt to impress that girl from church, stop wearing colors other than blue. But, most of all, stop being pessimistic Nancies! I knew exactly 4 human beings (myself included) who thought we had a chance in this game. Four. And I assure you that since June I have spoken to hundreds and hundreds about this game. We are not 'the class of the non-BCS.' Utah can have that title, and everything that goes with it. We are one of the few elite football teams in the nation. Let's start acting, er, cheering like it.

11 comments:

marika said...

Tell us how you really feel. :)

marika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

Well written. Truth. GO Cougars.

Lauren said...

Yeah, Andrew asked me if it sounded to angry. I told him it was righteous indignation and probably okay. -Lauren

heather said...

AMEN! I thought it was pretty funny, because Ry and I watched the game together, and right after it was over and we were all cheering, I immediately said, "Let's call Drew & Lauren and talk to them about it!" I don't think you sound angry - just very authoritative. I agree with it all. (and those people who don't wear Cougar colors to football games should not be allowed in the stadium! Geez!!) Go Cougs!!

Megan and Dave said...

WE WERE THERE!!!!!!!

Michele said...

We watched part of the game in the Curry Village sports bar up at Yosemite. Randy had to talk the manager into changing the channel to ESPN to watch the game. Luckily he just beat out a Spanish man who wanted to watch soccer. (He was not happy with us)! Randy was the loudest person in the place when they scored, but we were so....happy!!!

Nathan said...

I have become the horrible and annoying BYU fan and I am the only one who will admit it. The truth is being such a fan is better than being a true fan, all the happiness without the depression medication. You can check back in when its good and be productive and efficient when its not. I mocked people like me my whole life but am now a full-fledged card holder of the dark side.

The one rule I want to share with all of my flaky BYU fans is we can only be this way when we are removed from the team. The 12th man idea is real: wear the blue, stop the girly flirting, don't boo and influence the team to victory.

kaheels said...

It is always a good day to be a Cougar, but that one was especially good. If you didn't count me as one of the people who thought the Cougs would win, you better add one to your list. Just ask Jon, I'd been saying it for weeks. If only I were a betting woman.

Tracy Haws said...

Loved it! And Andrew is entitled to his righteous indignation I think. He's totally tied in to the Cougs, it's to be expected. ;) I just have to say, that was seriously the best date night Eddie and I have EVER had. We got to go to the new Cowboy's stadium and watch the game from the Silver Suites with 70 other hyped and cheering Coug fans! And since I'm 9 months pregnant, it helped that there were bathrooms in the suite. ;) It was an amazing game and we walked out of there with our heads high (I have to admit we walked in with a normal stance as we were surrounded by hordes of red) and we were actually congratulated by the seas of sooner fans as we walked to our car. It was a good night. Oh so good.

The Clubb House said...

I'm guessing this post is from Andrew! Glad to see that you are still true blue, even when you are wearing red with a big zero, oops, I mean 'O' on it!!! (It's much better than red with a 'U' on it). You forgot to mention our absolute favorite 'Y' player...#48!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...