Saturday, September 12, 2009

What we've been up to...

One Week.

About 500 New Freckles.

That's the best way to describe Andrew's break (I know it seems like Andrew has a lot of breaks... I guess its one of the perks of being a student into your 30's).

I can't believe I used to spend so much effort in my youth trying to get rid of my freckles. Lemon juice, retin-A ... I even thought that maybe if I tried to get a ton of freckles, they would blend into one giant freckle and I'd look tan. Ummmm, no. So I've decided to embrace them in my old age. More freckles mean more fun in the sun. Not a bad thing.

We finally made the trip up to Cedar Point. It is the perfect spot for an amusement park. It is on a little peninsula and mostly surrounded by Lake Erie on all sides. It was amazing (and note: the lines are not bad on a school day in September). Just another reason everyone should want to come visit us in Ohio and stay in our basement (I'll put chocolates on your pillow everyday :))


The week also included many trips to the park and to the Zoo.

Father and son having some "man time" while feeding the ducks.



We found some cool mullets too. Sometimes I think we're a little too close to Kentucky.

We went to the Geauga County Fair over Labor Day weekend (Geauga County is where Andrew grew up most of his life). The Nye's are some close friends and Mrs. Nye raises miniature donkeys (there are some fun stories about that if we had time). This year was the first ever donkey show at the fair and Mrs. Nye was in charge of the event. We had to go and cheer them on. The costume portion was our favorite.


I wish we had more pictures. It was hilarious. You can never have too many pictures of miniature donkeys dressed up in costume.



I introduced Luke to his closest relative in the eating department.


Luke's cousins, Ella and Christopher, were also there for the weekend and Luke was completely enamored by them. I love these pictures of Luke and Christopher enduring the boredom while the adults stood around to chat.

By the way, crazy-haired Luke appreciated all the birthday presents (yup, that's how it looks when Mom forgets to fix it after a nap)!

Here's a fun video of Luke. He thought it was pretty hilarious to play with his bottle and send his smoothie flying all over the wall and ceiling (okay, I thought it was kind of funny too...his laugh is infectious, I can't help it).


4 comments:

Portillo Portal said...

I love the freckle comment! I remember those days of loads of sunscreen to prevent freckles! Also...my brother might be moving to Ohio soon, which means when I come visit him, maybe I can see you guys too! :)

Debbie said...

I recognize those pants (from the video)! I can't believe you still have them. I also can't believe that I haven't been up north since you've lived in Ohio. Its ridiculous... I am still telling myself that maaaaaybe next year we'll get to go. Keep posting those cute baby pics!

heather said...

Was that a snort in the middle of that laughing?! haha!! What a cute video!! Thanks for sharing!!

The Clubb House said...

I'm so glad you put a bra on before you shot that video, otherwise it could've been a little embarrassing!
His laugh is infectious. I was laughing during the whole thing, and missing that little guy! The snort in the middle sounded familiar...I guess he does take after his mother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...