I know that no one really cares about this (I can always count on Mom and Dad to read), but I think Andrew has been anxious to see his mullet picture disappear from front and center, and this is the biggest thing going on this weekend.
I can't believe Lost going to be over. Imagine reading a book for 6 years and finally getting a few pages from the ending (and still having no clue how it will end). I'm pretty pumped to say the least. So here are the top 5 things I love about Lost and my prediction for the ending.
5 - It is a great geek outlet. Seriously, if there is a geek somewhere hiding within you...Lost will satisfy your geekiness in a semi-socially-acceptable way.
4- It takes effort to be a fan of Lost. You cannot miss a single episode (although they are all conveniently located online to watch whenever). And if you don't think about things deeply, you will have no clue what is going on. I appreciate a show that doesn't insult my intelligence.
3- My brother-in-laws think I am sooooo cool for watching Lost.
2- There is some wicked good acting going on here. You just won't find more meaty characters than John Locke, Ben, Jack, etc...I'll even throw Hurley in there.
1- I love the themes addressed in Lost. I'm personally not quite so interested in Island mythology or the science of time-travel and electromagnetism. I am much more interested in the themes of redemption, free-will v. determinism, faith v. science, the power of community, etc. Throw in a few cool spiritual allegories and metaphors and you have the recipe for a though-provoking masterpiece. I wish they made more shows like this.
I think we might as well just throw our TV away after tomorrow.
My finale prediction: I think that everyone on the Island will die except for Jack who will remain to protect it. Or maybe Ben will be the one to remain. In any case, none of them are going home. In the Sideways world, all the castaways will obtain what they wanted most in the Island world via Desmond. Jack will have Kate. Sawyer will have Juliet. Jin and Sun will have their baby. John will walk and be married to his fiance. Hurley already has Libby. Claire will have Aaron. Sayid will have Nadia. Its all about the love people.
4 comments:
Never actually seen Lost but all my law school friends watched it, and we would get together the day after showings and discuss. We still do it via email (same with 24).
But I did flip past Lost a couple of weeks ago. The Smoke Monster was approaching, and some guy started shooting it. Let me repeat that - he started firing bullets AT SMOKE. I didn't stick around to see whether the bullets hurt it or not. I assume they didn't. Struck me as a little odd.
Lauren, I totally agree with you about LOST. I love that show, although probably not as much as my brother does. I'm definitely looking forward to the finale. I think your prediction is very intriguing. I've avoided making too many predictions because I don't want to go into the finale expecting or hoping for anything. I just want to enjoy it. I hope you enjoy it too, in less than 12 hours. Yay!
O.K. Lauren you have convinced me to give Lost another try. Randy and I were viewers until the third season and then it got to hard to keep track of what was going on. I to want to be an intelligent t.v. watcher so this summer I will netflixs all the past seasons so I can appreciate this show almost as much as you do!!! Don't give the ending away because it will take me awhile to catch up!
I used to watch Lost regularly, but haven't in while. Caleb and I think that the actor who plays Jack is one of the best fake criers we've ever seen in an actor. He can really bust it out when he needs to. I wonder if he ever gets requests at parties... Maybe we'll have to give 'Lost' another chance too. It was hard to commit to such an involved show when so many shows get cancelled and leave you hanging without knowing what happens to the characters (so frustrating).
Post a Comment