We've been having a little too much fun around here making flubber. We made a batch for Family Home Evening last week (my gospel application/analogy for the flubber was really really pathetic). I think Andrew played with it more than anyone else (yes, fake sneezing with green flubber coming out his nose...we're real grown up around here). Don't let your kids eat it!
Recipe:
Ingredients:
-liquid laundry borax (powder works fine too)
-white glue
-water
-food coloring
Directions:
1. Mix 1 tbsp. of Borax in 1 cup of water, set aside.
2. Stir 1 cup of glue and 2 drops of food coloring into 1 cup of water.
3. Add 2 tsp. of the Borax solution to the glue mixture, stir.
4. Gather all the stretchy strands and squeeze into a ball.
Note: I always end up adding a lot more borax solution. Maybe it's because I use the powder?? Instead of 2 tsp. I end up adding about 1/4 cup but just add a little at a time until you get the consistency you want. I can't remember where I ended up finding Borax but I remember that I had to go to a few different stores before finding it.
Have fun!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment