Sunday, August 11, 2013

June Stuff


These guys are funny. They love costumes.

PRESCHOOL


A million years ago (that's what it feels like) Luke graduated from preschool. Of course, I forgot my camera and a friend kindly took some pictures for me. I was so grateful that he had a great preschool experience this year. He LOVED his teacher (still talks about her all the time) and I got to be really involved which was nice most of the time (except when I wanted to puke all during March and April ...and most of May #morningsicknessistheworst).

I think Luke has had a hard time this summer not having preschool in his life. Besides everything else that is going on, it really helped him feel independent and he absolutely thrived in that "structured yet fun" environment. I also realized that there are some people in this world who absolutely have a gift for working with children. I have no idea how his teacher did it, but she made all those kids feel like they were her favorite and the most important child in the whole world. They were running all over the place at this park and as soon as she told them to gather together they all immediately stopped and formed this little circle. Andrew said it was the most amazing phenomenon he has ever seen. I had to agree. I wish I could take her home with me.


The kids all sang some songs for us. 


I hoping this "I can't smile normal or look at the camera during a picture" thing is just a phase.

SWIM LESSONS

Luke took swim lessons. The last day they always talk about boat safety (this is his third session so we know the drill). I see it as paying someone to take him swimming for me since I won't be getting anywhere near a pool anytime soon. He loves it.



THE ZOO


We also went to the Toledo Zoo with friends. I think every zoo will feel a little underwhelming after experiencing the Columbus Zoo, but we still had a lot of fun.


I don't know if my friend will mind me posting pics of her boy, so just imagine a really cute little kid that Luke loves to play with. These sunglasses have been a lifesaver for Luke who absolutely hates having the sun in his eyes. If my kids end up hating sunny weather because they grew up in the overcast Midwest, I'm going to be very upset!


As my final project for June, I finally figured out a way to reasonably store all my kids' "paper creations" that I want to keep forever (with some advice from another blog I read). I've never been able to decide how much to keep and the best way to organize it. This method is so simple that it was a bit of a "duh" moment when I read about it. Can't believe I never thought of it myself.


(I also made one for little girl on the way...the "nesting" part of me was over the moon about it)

These tabs are going to continue on through high school but I ran out of folders. I have at least the next 5 years covered so I think I'm okay for now.


As for all the rest of the "artwork, etc" I took TONS of pictures of things that I knew I probably didn't need to keep but was still having a hard time letting go of. Now those can live on digitally.


I can't remember what all these things were but I was impressed that he designed his own scavenger hunt.

I love that he decided to draw me a picture of foods he doesn't want to eat. He is a clever little guy.
It felt really good to unload and organize all the paper stuff that builds up over time. I'm not sure if my boys will be as sentimental as I am, but I think they can handle one little plastic tote that represents their childhood. Now what to do about favorite toys, clothes, etc!!!???

*There was also a family reunion in June...that's coming up next.

4 comments:

Becka said...

SO glad you are home!! There's no place like home right? Love your update pictures! I'm really glad you are doing so well and have made it so far, you are amazing!

Jen said...

Cute pictures! Glad you're doing well and back to doing some fun normal stuff!

Grandma McCann said...

What are the foods Luke doesn't like? I can't figure out the vegetables he drew.

Grandma McCann said...

What are the foods Luke doesn't like? I can't figure out the vegetables he drew.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...