Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Treasures


A few months ago, Luke saw a picture of himself from Halloween last year and was fascinated with the pumpkin pail he was holding. He kept asking for the pumpkin so finally I got it out of storage and ever since he has carried it around the house with his most treasured belongings inside. At first it just started with a few cars, but it has grown to include the most random things. A couple days ago he was whining because he couldn't fit his latest "toy of the moment" into the pumpkin. A true tragedy. It was difficult for him to accept the limits of space a pumpkin pail had to offer. I guess if there is ever a fire, we know what Luke will grab before leaving the house:







(at least there is a flashlight...that could be useful in an emergency)

Sometimes he finds other compartments to house his latest treasures. WARNING: if the words feminine product make you blush, just stop reading now. Otherwise, scroll down...



















Luke was carrying this toolbox around for a couple days and when I picked it up one time I noticed that it was a little heavier than usual. So I asked him to show me what was inside...




oops.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, too hilarious! Maybe when he's older you can send him to the grocery store to pick up some things for you!

Megan said...

Hillarious and so cute at the same time. Stuff like this is the essence of childhood - what makes them tick, what makes them happy, what satisfies their curiosity.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Thanks for the laugh, Luke! He will love sharing this when he's 16...

Stacey said...

ha! Kaylee was positive tampons were popsicles and I was holding out on her

Gramma Delt said...

Wow, another photo for that special day video--or not, we'll see how much he deserves to be embarrassed on that day

Dehner Family said...

That is hilarious! When I went to the store last month, my youngest was playing in my purse and handed the salesman a similar product from my purse. I wanted to die. And I was 7 months pregnant, so I had no need to carry such a thing around anyway... Kids are too funny. BTW - I LOVE the pictures of your boys in the pumpkins. Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...